Monday, March 29, 2010

Obedience

Obedience to Christ is really important to us. Sometimes we will face temptation, peer pressure, that lead us to disobey and rebel. However, this time we should stand firm and trust God, what He planned for us we will not understand, because we are just merely human. Sometimes the way that He guides us seems like very suffering and bad, but actually it is the best way for us.

Last few weeks I was suffering in the decision of going for a trip with coursemates, because I just committed with Him that I will not miss BS anymore. Then I asked Him, should I go? And He answered me, "No". I tried to give myself excuse that maybe this is not the answer from Him, maybe it was just my assumption. After a lot of struggling, I chose to obey Him. At that time I had bought my ticket for transportation and entrance, I just told myself, "It's worth it." And of course, I enjoyed that weekend so much with His words.

Today, one of my coursemates gave me RM35, that money is from the selling of my ticket! I was so surprise, because I thought that my money would be wasted in the ticket. Thanks Him so much, He really can hear me, feel joy with my obedience, and this is the best way He planned for me! Now I understand more about giving and receiving, I gave my obedience to Him and He gave me joy, peace and also my nice, friendly coursemates who concern about me!

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my father, and I too will love Him and show myself to him." - John 14:21

No comments:

Post a Comment